Realizing Our Vision
Please support our Foundation Vision and help us connect ABR Trails to the larger community. Together, we can ensure a lasting legacy for Nordic skiing in the Ironwood area for generations to come. We’re so excited to continue building toward our goal of connecting all Gogebic Range communities via world-class Nordic ski trails. We are grateful for any and all contributions.
If you would like to donate money, talent (in-kind) or time to the Foundation, please email us to discuss a win win solution.
Email us at AndersonFoundation13@gmail.com or mail us at E5299 West Pioneer Road, Ironwood, Michigan 49938
Please see our Projects page.
Foundation Donation on a Secure PayPal Transfer
The Foundation would appreciate your donation to support our mission. The donation will be tax exempt IRS 501(c)(3). Fed ID # 84-2267605
Thank you for your support.
Monetary donations are always appreciated, but if you would rather donate your time or materials, there are a numbers of ways to support the Foundation.
Assist the board members in a wide variety of areas, ranging from multimedia projects to trail maintenance.
- Assist with computer/IT projects
- Help expand the Foundation’s social media presence
- Produce & develop foundation videos
- Trail maintenance (rookies welcome)
- Construct a trailside bench or kiosk
There are many opportunities for individuals and businesses to partner with the Anderson Bluffs & River Trails Foundation in our vision.
- Volunteer with colleagues and friends for a work bee/team building
- Become a sponsor for a planned project
- Become a sponsor for a Foundation event
- Make a business donation
- Include the Foundation in your estate planning or will
- Check if your company matches your 501-c-3 donation
Items may be purchased and shipped directly to the Foundation address or donations flagged for specific purchases.
- rakes & shovels
- brush clippers
- chain & brush saws
- safety equipment & glasses
- hard hats
- ear muffs
- water jugs
- bug spray
Double your Dollars.
Monetary donations will be matched dollar for dollar up to $30,000. William and Debbie Feiges have created a matching program in 2022 to support the Foundation. Thank you to the Feiges Family for investing in our vision.
Dave Anderson, the co-founder of ABR, passed away May 25,2022, after a long fight with sickness. He was a huge supporter of the Foundation, so a Dave Anderson Memorial Fund is established for those that wish to honor his legacy. Dave wished that everyone be able to enjoy outdoor activities in Erwin Township for many years into the future.
You can also donate materials for building a trail bench, trailside kiosk, or new trail in honor of a loved one.
Learn more about the history behind the foundation.
Frequently Asked Questions
- When can we expect the opening of the Foundation trails? – It is Eric and Angela’s plan to donate a significant portion of their land between now and 2030.
- How is the foundation connected to ABR Trails Inc.? – Legally, there is no connection between the entities. Geographically, the land is adjacent to ABR trails.
- Why is there a foundation? – As part of their estate planning, Eric and Angela wish to establish the Foundation to operate the ski trails and leave the trails as a lasting legacy to future generations.
- Is the foundation a non-profit status? – Yes, the IRS approved 501(c)(3) status in August 2019. Donations are tax exempt.
- How do I help the Foundation? – As a non-profit 501(c)(3), the Foundation relies on donations.
Have More Questions?
While these are our most frequently asked questions, we understand that you may have more. Feel free to reach out to us and we will get back to you!